In this Year 12 Extension English Students will learn:
- How to write and improve essays and other writing forms
- NESA expectations for Texts, Culture and Value syllabus
- NESA expectations for Literary Worlds HSC syllabus
- Literary heritage and how to pursue careers in writing
- 9 x 1.5 hour engaging theory lessons
- Small class (max 4 students)
- Classes taught by top-ranked teachers
- 4 extension skills booklets as well as weekly handouts
- Help with analysing their school-prescribed texts
- Marking and feedback for essay and creative writing
- Mentoring, reading suggestions, academic readings
- Support for Assessment tasks
Additional courses in the same shopping cart attract a 10% discount
Choose your class time:
Year 12 English Extension
Year 12 English Extension is often poorly supported by schools as it is considered an ‘independent research’ module, where the student completes more than 80% of the subject at home. Prime makes sure that you are keeping up with your extension work on a weekly basis to ensure you achieve a profound understanding of your topic, and reach your ATAR potential.
Prime′s Extension English Classes Focus on:
the more sophisticated research, essay and creative writing skills required by this course. In this university style class, we provide Year 12 students with 4 extension skills booklets to support independent study, as well as weekly handouts, including supplementary literary texts and criticism, tailored to each students needs.
There will also be opportunities for
review, marking and detailed feedback for student’s work and assessment tasks – including the provision of HSC-identical exams.
all the prescribed HSC Extension modules and texts including the genre courses: Life Writing, Comedy, and Science Fiction, the contextual studies courses: After the Bomb, Romanticism and Navigating the Global, and the postmodern theory courses: Language and Gender and Textual Dynamics.
The class teacher offers
Extension 2 mentoring as part of this class which includes preparation for viva voce, how to write reflection statements, and ongoing review of drafts, critique and fine editing of the student’s major work.
Sat, 23 Jul-17 Sep, 1.30pm-3.00pm
You may also like…
Year 12 Physics Term 3$1,040.00 Select options
Year 12 Chemistry Term 3$1,040.00 Select options
Year 12 Maths Advanced Term 3$1,040.00 Select options
Year 12 English Advanced Term 3$968.00 Add to cart
Year 12 Maths Extension 2 Term 3$1,295.00 Select options
Year 12 Maths Extension 1 Term 3$1,295.00 Select options